In efforts to support educational efforts for area producers, the Panola County Beef and Forage Committee in conjunction with Panola AgriLife Extension enlists the support of not only Texas A&M AgriLife Specialist but also seek assistance from industry experts to develop and conduct Quarterly Industry Breakfast meetings in conjunction with multi-county day seminars, night clinics and field days throughout the year to support area producers in selecting the correct management options to increase returns on investments during the current and foreseeable future.
Mid-Sabine Cattleman’s Conference
April 28, 2023 | 8:00am – 3:00pm
Carthage Civic Center
1702 S. Adams St. | Carthage
- Managing soil nutrient levels and its impact on weed populations.
- Incorporating technology into an Integrated Pest Management program for weed and brush control in grazing management.
- Forestry Herbicide- “The Label, Prescriptions, and Decision Supporting Tools
- Exploring new technologies available for herbicide applications with infuses on Drones and what they bring as a management option.
- Importance of Managing Cattle Nutritional Needs.
in the Evening
March 21, 2023 | 5:30-7pm
Sammy Brown Library
Topic: Bringing Color to Your Yard
Selecting Laying Breeds for Backyard Poultry
When selecting laying hens for your backyard, you need to consider what it is that you expect from your chickens…. Read more here!
Soil testing is offered through The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Soil, Water and Forage Testing Laboratory. Information on how to collect and send samples, soil fertility recommendations, fertilizer calculations and more can be found by clicking here!
Beef Cattle Articles
- Beef Cattle Marketing Alternatives
- Calving Time Management for Beef Cows and Heifers
- Marketing Cull Cows
- Producing and Marketing High-Value Calves
Forage Management Articles
- Weed Busters Sprayer Calibration Guide
- Sprayer Calibration both Boom and Boomless Sprayers
- Balancing Forage Demand with Forage Supply
- Chemical Weed and Brush Control Measures
- Fall Armyworm Insecticides
- Hay Supplier List
- How Much Forage Do You Have
- Sampling Hay Bales and Pasture for Forage Analysis
- Stocking Rate Decisions
- Being Prepared to Borrow
- Cow-Calf Enterprise Standardized Performance Analysis
- Establishing a Birding-Related Business
- Managing a Family Budget
- Managing Your Family Business
- Nature Tourism A Guidebook for Evaluating Enterprise Opportunities
- So You Want To Start A Home-Based Business In Texas
- Wildlife Photography on Private Lands A Market Study